Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Biggest Fear Part 2


Yesterday I began a new blog on everything outside of Bella. Have you ever started out in a blog with the best intentions, you have all these thoughts in your head, but they don't quite come out what you intended your point to be? I think God has blessed me in many areas but due to some overwhelming issues in my life right now I think I sounded like I'm aimless, derailed, and overly frustrated. True, I get frustrated when I know I'm doing the right things, being a good steward of my resources, but yet I'm not accomplishing desires and goals I have for my life. I am happy with my life because of the blessings of a great wife, great job, and Isabella. I learned a great lesson when God turned the mirror on me this week. Particularly after I've been praying, reading, and I even got answers after reading my own blog. One thing Karen and I have learned and almost have to remind ourselves daily is God doesn't operate in our timing. He operates in his. I've come to realize that I'm not ready for what he has planned for me and my family. He wants me to strive to be prepared. Not to sit idle but to read more, study more, and start working on my own heart before I can be effective. What I ended my blog with yesterday about being wide awake from the attacks of the devil I was talking about myself. He is trying his best lately to discourage me, to make me doubt, and wear me down. He won't win. He's tried it before. So I just ask that you keep me and my family in your prayers.



So to answer question #2 from Chip Ingrams series, "What do I wish for?". I wish for God to equip me with knowledge, Mentors in my life, emotional intelligence, and the ability to have a heart like Jesus so I can be effective in spreading the Gospel. Not by words alone but by action. I think each of our lives acted out is a better testimony than any words we speak. Not to be weird or preachy but treat everyone with understanding and love. This needs to start at home. I know the few people who read my blog have so much potential in their daily lives to affect the lives of so many. Words can not express how proud I am when I read your blogs and know the love, care, and compassion you have in the daily things you do. So tomorrow I'll answer #3. The Action Step! The hardest of them all.

So, that concludes todays ramble.

Love you all

Here a some quotes for the day:

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
Mother Teresa

God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.
Mother Teresa

I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.
Mother Teresa

4 comments:

Kelley said...

I love Mother Theresa, and she was/is so inspiring to me. One of my favorite quotes of hers is:

"God doesn't want our deeds; Got wants the love the prompts them."

Thank you for an insight into your life.

Kelley

Dawn said...

I will keep you & your ladies in my prayers and you just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be prepared when God is ready.

Lesley said...

Hey Joe,

I COMPLETELY know where you are coming from!! We have been going through a season of tests too that we believe are courtesy of the devil as well. The ones of us that he doesn't have, well that is where he will turn his focus. I Lucky us, right?? Mike and I were talking earlier this week and I said, "I sure wish he (the devil) would get the hint... he will NEVER beat us so why doesnt' he just leave us alone??" Our Pastor gave a wonderful message a couple of months ago about this very topic. He was saying that he has a strong sense that the attack of the devil are stronger and way different than they have been in the past.. and that he is attacking more christians than ever. He said it like nothing he has seen/witnessed before. I think he is right. I'll try to find a copy of his message and get it to you. It was awesome.

I know you are a strong person... with incredible faith. Hold on to that and God will get you through.

You are so right about God working according to His own timetable! That is something I struggle with DAILY! But, it is all according to His plan... whether we understand it or not. The world we live in today is messed up, and it's a constant struggle to not get caught up in it.

Keep God, Karen and Bella close and continue to pray and study His word. We will pray for you and your sweet little family.

Lesley said...

Joe,

Every day I receive an email from KLOVE with an "Encouraging Word." It's a daily bible scripture. I have a list of friends/family that I send it out to each morning. Would that be something you would be interested in receiving? If so, just let me know and I'll need your email address too.

Have a great day!