Thursday, August 21, 2008

BIGGEST FEAR PART 3


To wrap up the series from Chip Ingram, the last question, "What am I going to do to change and make questions number 1 and 2 happen?" One of my biggest weaknesses is procrastination. Believe it or not, for years I didn't even know that's what I was doing. I thought it was normal to wait to the last minute or sometimes not do things at all. I'm highly aware of this now and it's actually a thorn in my side. It's a common trait of people with my personality type. I do well thinking about what I need to do, I know what I need to do, but then comes action and my old philosophy of tomorrow is better than today to start kicks in. If you know my personality, I have two types. The first one being Melancholy- detail oriented, introverted, will strive for perfection. The Second one is phlegmatic- procrastinate, people pleaser, love people, everyones friend. These personality traits are complete opposites of each other. You can now see the struggles that go on in my own head. No wonder I get migraines. So, I have to be highly aware of the tasks I need to do and learn to do them now. No matter how small, I have to do it now or I fall back into old habits. I'm a great starter, but horrible finisher. So I've set up a plan of action for me:

Reading
1. Read 15 minutes of a my study bible each day. Then work through the questions.
2. Read 15 minutes of a leadership book.
3. Read something funny and/or uplifting.

Prayer
1. Pray with Karen in the mornings before work.
2. Pray at lunch for personal reflection with a daily devotional.

Relationships

1. Start getting know people I work with and meet on a deeper level. I have some books that help in this area in asking questions that draw answers on a deeper level.
2. Be the head of my household and work at my marriage everyday. I have a very forgiving wife who really doesn't ask much of me. I know at times I probably take and don't give as much as I should. I want us not to have a good marriage but a great marriage. I need to know my priorities which are God, Karen, Bella, Work. I don't always have them in the right order.

So, that's my plan. I can do it. It's reasonable and attainable. This will all probably change as I grow, learn, and when God feels I'm ready he'll move me into more.

So have a great day!

Quote for the Day:
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein

1 comment:

luxo said...

i LOVE this blog!!! It's so good to hear what's going on with you & to see you evolve. you are a wonderful child of God & you can & do effect so many people in such a positive way. you are truley a blessing. thank you for sharing your heart. i look forward to hearing more about your path towards God & your personal growth & srtuggles & triumphs. it takes alot of courage to lay it all out there for the world to see. I'm soooo proud of you. I always have been. thank you for being such a inspiration.